Thursday, October 18, 2007

"I need my Jamie!!!"

....These are the famous words of my not even 2-year-old daughter last night! Do your kids call you by name?!? So here's what happened: Jake and I were putting Lily to bed last night, and the last few nights have been a struggle! I said "Lily, it's time to go to bed"...and she ran over to my door, shut it, and stood infront of it like that was gonna stop me from putting her in bed. So, I tucked her in, kissed her, after we had read at least 4 book of course.... the usual bedtime routine, and went back to my room...shutting both doors! She cried hysterically for a while, so Jake and I just turned up the volume on the tv a little louder. :-) I have a little baby tv monitor on my nightstand so I can see her in her crib. She was standing, crying....and then......"I thought, did I hear that right?"...."Jake, mute the tv....". Sure enough, clear as can be, " Jamie! Jamie! Jamie! Jamie! Get back here! Jamie! I'm stuck in here!!!!" Jake and I just looked at each other and giggled. After about 10 mins of her yelling that in a pretty methodical chant, Jake went to check on her and try to calm her down. I could see him singing, and faintly from the next room hear him singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider", which she did NOT like, and screamed at the top of her lungs until he stopped! He came back in to our room defeated, and said, "will you please go calm her down!? All she keeps saying is I need my Jamie!!" Awww! So I went in, rocked her in the rocking chair, and she was out in literally 2 mintues. What can I say!....She really needs her Jamie! ;-)

13 comments:

Kara Benson said...

That is absolutely adorable. That is what she was saying on Sunday. (Well close) " I NEED my mommy" She is so smart. I just love her!

Mandy said...

cute story although i am sure it wasnt all that cute at the time. so far derek only calls me mom and sometimes hot mamma. taylors teaching him that one

The Griffins said...

That is the cutest story!!! She is darling!! I have to say, I hate bed time more than most things. What a struggle. At least Lily makes it worth your time. :]

Camille said...

She is hilarious! That reminds me of what you probably did when you were a baby (based on your home videos!)

KABSorensen said...

That is so cute, and so funny. Where do these kids get their personalities?

Brooke said...

Too funny! I think it's hilarious when kids catch onto the fact that their parents have names. Noah hasn't grasped that yet- well, maybe he has- he just doesn't talk.

Heather said...

That is so cute. How could you not go and get her. :)

Heather and Trevor said...

She is so cute! So I check your blog all the time from Dana's blog and I decided that I was going to add you to our friends list! Hope that's cool. I miss our fun days in Hawaii. I love the pics of Lily. She is so beautiful!
tnhjenson.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

No, in Jaime's home videos she would tell Jaci to yell, "I want my mommy", otherwise she whold wack the young Jaci with a stick.

Danalin said...

Such a big personality on such a little woman. I love that story! That will be a fun one for her to read/hear when she gets older. It's nice to be loved and needed, huh?

Brooke said...

So.. I hear you are a photographer as well? So talented Jamie! Would you be interested in taking our pictures for Christmas or are you booked up?! Let me know if you could and if so how much you charge. I need a photographer who will be honest with me and tell me if I look goofy in a picture and to fix my hair or whatever. So, I know you'd be straight up with us. Just let me know if you can do it.

Kerry said...

aaaaaaah

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

Cute story!! Clara says to me, "Hey mamma Britney!" I tell her, "to you, my name is Mom," and she says it's okay mom I can call you mamma Britney. Kids come up with the funniest lines :)