Thursday, January 31, 2008

"Jamie's Blogger Book Club" anyone???

So, I had this really great idea today. I thought, What if I started a little blogger book club?! I read a ton of books, and post MY opinion, but I want to know what others think as well. This is what I was thinking: The first of every month I'll post a new book to read, and on the last day of the month we can all comment on my blog about what we all thought! Yeah? It's worth a shot....Let's just see if it works. Leave your name so I know you're interested and get an idea if this is even worth the effort. I just had another idea....instead of me just picking the book for the month, I would love input on what would be a good one! Ok, so, the first book for " Jamie's Blogger Book Club" is The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillippa Gregory. I was advised to read this book by my good friend Rachel Waite, and I've just barely started it, so I thought it would be perfect for the first "Book Club" book. It can be found at any book store, or by clicking here you can order it. This book is soon to be a movie, so don't be weirded out by the cover! This whole book club idea isnt just for people of the blogging world! My blog is open to any comments by anyone, so if you're just dropping by and dont have a blog, or if you dont even know me, please feel free to join in on the fun! :-) I only have one request....ok, two requests.....Leave your comments and tell me if you're in, and tell me a book we should all read! So, to make it official, for the month of February the book is "The Other Boleyn Girl" By Philippa Gregory, and we'll all do the review on March 1st!

9 comments:

Mandy said...

i wanna join! i don tknow what book i suggest yet but ill figure one out. :)

Brittney said...

fun... i think i'll join! I'm not a big reader, but i think book clubs are fun!

Lindsey said...

Jamie- I stumbled upon your blog in my blog stalking and I love it. The pictures of Lily are adorable.

Heather said...

No thanks haha

the waites said...

yea I made the blog! I cant wait to hear what you think.. its no harry potter so I hope you like it. I especially love it cause its so romantic and suductive. Im so in on the book club, except thats a hard book to follow.

Kim Marx said...

I'm in. And two books I want to read, I just don't know if they're appropriate for everybody but they're on my list to read this year. Kabul Beauty School by Deborah Rodriguez. And The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett.

Vernos said...

Jamie, I might just join ya on this book club thing. It'd be fun, but I'm kinda a book club virgin, so i'll have to think of something as far as a new book idea. count me in. ps, if you want to check our little family out, to see Ryan, Ava, and, I that'd be fun!

Britney and Jaren Jensen said...

So of course I want to join, but I'm a little preoccupied right now. I can't wait for this baby to pop out!

Vernos said...

Hey Jaime, I finished the book. Can't wait to fully comment about it. I liked it, then hated it, then liked it better. But anyway, I know you've read a ton a books but here are some I am interested in The Life you longed for by Maribeth Fischer, The timetraveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, and The Pact by Jodi Picoult. This will be fun. yay. -megan