Monday, September 17, 2007

Book Review #6: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

I have heard so many people describe this book as their "favorite book ever"...including Stephenie Meyer, author of "Eclipse" and the other "Twilight" books, so I figured it's something I should probably try out! It took me a long time to get into and read, which is something that I never do. I plow through books and lose all sense of time! I dont know why it took so long, perhaps its because it wasn't a book I would have naturally picked out on my own, considering it's genre is Sci-Fi. But, after I gave it my full attention on a car ride from Provo to Vegas, I couldnt put it down! I really did like it!! There are a lot of "Ender" books following this one, and I wasnt convinced that I wanted to read more, but as soon as I'm done writing this entry, I will be headed to the bookstore to get "Speaker for the dead". I'm totally not into "Star Wars",or space-themed stories, but "Ender's Game" has a more thought provoking and emotional side than just space wars, and rockets! It's not at all what you think it will end like! I appreciated that. So, my rating: A... A Must read!

No comments: