Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Mommy/Birthday LA getaway!


This last Labor day weekend, My friend Tawny and I decided to have a little mommy getaway, and since my birthday was yesterday, the 4th, we included that into the reason to go on vacation just us, no boys or kids allowed! :-) We went down to LA friday afternoon, at stayed at a nice hotel near the airport. Friday night we went to Santa Monica and shopped a little, ate, and saw "Hairspray", which Jake would never see! Saturday we decided to do anything and everything in Hollywood, Beverly Hills, LA that you could ever see celebs do in gossips mags like eating at Pinkberry yogurt, shopping at the Grove and the Farmer's Market, tanning at Sunset Tan, and eating at Ketchup the resturant that Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore own. It was surprisingly afforadble and really cool and swanky inside! Guys kept hitting on Tawny and one who invited us to the Les Duex nightclub. I honestly had never heard of it, but she was excited and filled me in on that fact that its always crawling with stars! We went, but unfortunately unlike Vegas where everything is open 24/7, this particular club closed at 2am, and we got there at 1:30 thinking it was the perfect time to get there, and it was practically closed. :-( The next day we treated ourselves to massages at the Bliss Spa inside the W Hotel in LA. It was wonderful!! After that, it was dinner at the Ivy (Which I give a thumbs down to...I dont get why everyone loves it!!), and shopping at Kitson that was cut short because we needed to get to the Pantages Theater to see Wicked!! I HIGHLY recommend it! I read the book a few years ago, and ever since wanted to see the musical. It was WAY better than I could have ever imagined! I want to see it again. That is where the fun started to wind down and we got ready to leave Monday morning. It's nice to be home admittedly, but it sure was fun to have a "Star-studded" weekend! We did see a few stars...Carson from "Queer Eye", Stavros (Paris' Boyfriend), Larry Birkhead, the Sunset Tan owners, and Criss Angel. We're just trying to figure out a time to plan another trip!

5 comments:

Mandy said...

how fun. can you believe we have lived in california and have still not made it down to hollywood/la yet! what is wrong with us?
all i can say is can i come with on your next trip. you girls know how to have fun! haha

the waites said...

I loved the slide show so much I watched it twice! How do you spell photogenic? J-A-I-M-E ! Party like a rock star.. of coarse you went clubing:)

the waites said...

Ps hapy late Brthaday! I forgot its the same as my moms.

the waites said...

i promise i can spell. Im typing with one hand holding myles.

Terra Zobrist said...

Jamie, I am so glad that you had such a great birthday! I love you and I miss you.