Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Crazy Legs!



Let me first say that This title has two meanings. First, Lily had a good time making my legs "pretty" While I was talking on the phone last night! She decorated me with markers I didn't know I had...(I'm still unsure where she found them...) and Dora stickers! I tried to shoo her away when I saw her coming with them, but after a while she convinced me that my legs needed some special attention, and went to work! Washable marker is harder to get off then one would imagine! It took quite a bit of exfoliation. Now, since my legs are very colorful in these pics, it's hard to see the giant bruises on my knees. Here's the second reason for the crazy legs title!...This is a story that's too embarrassing not to share. Okay, I was leaving my salon while holding my keys and a drink. I bravely stepped off the sidewalk to get to my car, and apparently there must of been an earthquake or something because I completely tripped and belly flopped into the street! But not before crashing into someones car and setting off the alarm! My keys and lemonade went flying, and I laid in the street trying to figure out if I killed the baby or not. I'm pretty sure I caught most of the fall on my knee caps because I have some nice battle wounds to show for it! (The baby is still kicking and I heard the heartbeat the other day so I know she's fine :-)...) The only other person who saw me fall was another pregnant girl...she ran over and made she I was alright.) Then, the persons car alarm I set off came out of the nail salon next door, gave me the dirtiest look known to mankind, turned it off, and walked back inside! After I made it to my car, I laughed. It must have looked hilarious. Jake is convinced that I tripped because I couldn't see my feet...my belly isn't THAT big yet!

10 comments:

Beehive State Builders said...

Haha! That's pretty funny! I did that when I was pregnant with McKinley. I was walking across the street to get the mail. My arms were full and I wasn't paying attention, but I still don't really know what happened. Somehow I ended up on my face. I was about 7 months pregnant and wearing 3-inch platforms, that may have been the problem :). Anyhow, my whole neighborhood saw me, I had half of the ward calling me to make sure I was okay. I was fine, but my ego was seriously bruised :)

katie speed said...

lilt is such an artist!

Kara Benson said...

I am so glad Little Twinkle is alright! I cant even count the number of times I almost tripped on my stairs either going up or coming down. I swear Jake is right, not that you can't see your feet, but bring pregnant your balance and depth perception is totally screwed up! Again I am glad you and your baby are ok. LOVES

McEwen Family said...

oh my gosh, I was so worried for the baby, I'm glad you are okay though.
Your legs look awesome, Lilly did a great job at decorating them!

Dawn Sims said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn Sims said...

Oh my gosh that is so funny. I could just see you sitting there like what the heck just happened.

Camille said...

I think I'll be back in town in October for the reunion. It'll be awhile before I can get there since we are moving and then vacationing, etc. I have to have you do my hair then! If you come this way, come visit or I'll meet up with you!!!

butter&eggs said...

I will take out the lady in the nail salon for you!! just tell me which one it was....love the legs you should have sported those at work!

Anonymous said...

I am laughing to tears! I wish I could have seen it! But Im glad the baby is ok.

alexis said...

i totally ate shit in the garage when i ws pregnant with kate. so i know how you feel. that sucks! but cute legs!